Tuesday, February 1, 2011

'Above and Beyond' Expectations

 "Above and Beyond" series- 6" x 6" each (shown: various 110 of 400) sold individually. 
(most pieces above have been sold -email for current availability

In 2008, I began a series of small encaustic paintings incorporating vintage textiles, photographs and letters, various metals, lace, glass, paper, nails, bark, wire... and a countless array of found objects.
Each painting was individual and intuitively painted. My intention was to spark recollections of the often overlooked details in nature from an unconventional perspective, using texture, neglected everyday objects and forgotten mementos of the past.

I started off with a small grid of nine 6" x 6" paintings three years ago. This series has since exceeded my expectations. ('above and beyond' what I ever imagined ; )
At the close of 2010, I created the 400th piece in this series, most of which have sold so far.
In celebration of that, I'm featuring a few of my favorites from this series with a close up peek into the details not always noticeable at first glance.
~I hope you enjoy the view!
(I still have a variety of pieces for sale in this series. Please email me for current availability)



"The real voyage of discovery consists of not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes" - Marcel Proust
 
 
 
...a closer look
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
c. Robin Luciano Beaty 2008-2011 -"Above and Beyond" series 

2 comments:

  1. Your encaustics are so beautiful and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! They have so much detail and each individually have their own story to tell! Congratulations on finishing this series, the long wait has really paid off!

    ReplyDelete