Monday, June 8, 2009

Thank You!! **Recipient of the International Encaustic Painting 'Conference' Award**

I wanted to take a moment to say a tremendous "THANK YOU" for the exciting honor I received this past weekend at the International Encaustic Painting Conference.

At Saturday evenings reception for the show "Beauty and Its Opposites" juried by Nicholas Capasso, senior curator of the Decordova Museum, I was thrilled to be presented this years "Conference Award"!
This award is truly the most valuable distinction for me since it was chosen by my peers, who felt my work was most worthy of recognition in the show. I'm incredibly grateful for this honor and I'm humbled that I was acknowledged by my fellow esteemed artists, who continually inspire me everyday.
Once again, Thank you!!


(Since I have been at the conference for 4 intensive days, Im exhausted! But I will be posting much more info, photos and stories from this amazing weekend coming soon!! What an incredible wax-filled experience. I can't wait to tell you all about it so stay tuned...)two of my pieces in the show. "Remains To Be Seen" and "Colloquy #1"
the reception

My award. Presented by Shana Dumont, assistant director of Monserrat Galleries
the 301 Gallery before the reception
more pics coming soon!



1 comment:

  1. Robin

    I am so happy for you!!! You completely deserve it. You work so hard.....and your work is stunning.

    Time to party
    Allison

    ReplyDelete