Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm IN!! -The International Encaustic Conference juried show



"Coloquy" - 13" x 31"
Encaustic, aluminum, paper, glass, nails, bark and wire on braced birch
One of the selected pieces for the show!

I'm extremely excited to share the great news I just received!!
My work has been selected for the Third Annual International Encaustic Painting Conference juried show, "Beauty and Its Opposites", curated by Nicholas Capasso, senior curator of the DeCordova Museum.
This is an amazing honor for me. I'm privileged to be one of the distinguished group of 20 artists chosen out of over 200 encaustic artists internationally for this highly anticipated exhibition.
All three of the pieces I submitted have been chosen and will be on display the entire month of June. I'll be posting MUCH more info about the conference and exhibition, including photos of the paintings chosen, in days to come. For now, I'm just letting it all sink in.... :-) I can't wait for this event!

The opening reception for Beauty and Its Opposites will take place at the
301 Gallery at Monsterrat College in Beverly Ma
Saturday, June 6, from 6:00 - 8:00 pm.

more information can be found on the conference BLOG
www.montserratencausticconference.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment