Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Teeny Tiny" Art making...

my encaustic painting area. Can you tell I need more space?!

some of my new pieces for the "Teeny Tiny Art Show #4" at Three Graces Gallery

Amongst all of the crazy fireplace building, contractor chaos and constant snow shoveling lately, I've been super busy painting up a storm! (hmmm...have I neglected to mention that??) I get so caught up with the progress ON my future studio, that sometimes I forget to report on the progress IN my current studio: the truly important stuff....ART!

So, in between working on commission pieces and my ever growing "Above and Beyond" series, I've been creating a special little selection of paintings for the upcoming "Teeny Tiny Art Show 4" at Three Graces Gallery in Portsmouth NH.
I had so much fun with this series... incorporating little figurative elements, vintage materials, found objects and poetry. These intimate pieces are somewhat reminiscent of my abstracted landscapes but tell a story all their own. Those of you who know my work, probably realize by now I have a tendency to go on these whimsical (and sometimes dramatic) little sprees. I truly love creating them and I hope you can come to check them out next week in Portsmouth, along with over 30 of my small scale encaustic abstract pieces.
This is one of my favorite shows of the year simply because it is so much fun! Not only do you get to see a plethora of great "tiny" art by many extremely talented artists...but LOTS of it and as an extra added bonus, its super affordable! Its virtually impossible to leave without a new piece of art for that perfect little spot in your home. Hope to see you there!

The Teeny Tiny Art Show 4
February 6th - March 3rd
Opening Reception- Friday February 6th 5-8pm
For more information, please visit: www.threegracesgallery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment