Sunday, December 21, 2008

A little white update...

its like a Christmas card...

I swear its not as rural as it looks!
But with the snow it seems to be existing in another place and time, doesn't it?

Forgive me, I'm a little bit in love...
I cant believe it's already been a month since we finished construction. Of course, I use the word "finished" very loosely. Realistically, I have a LOT more work to do before this is a serious workspace. Currently, I'm stuck doing a lot of complaining and waiting around while staring longingly into the doors of my lonely little studio. But I'm not letting it get me down! Luckily, I've been insanely busy, trying to catch up from my month off of "messing around" and building a barn. Plus, all of the normal holiday chaos is keeping me pretty distracted.....for now anyway.
So, you may ask, whats the hold up? Well for starters I need HEAT...and of course, insulation to keep the heat IN,...which will then be covered by WALLS,...followed, hopefully, by a ceiling. Of course none of these steps can be accomplished without the most important (and, honestly, the most frustrating necessity)....ELECTRICAL.
I tend to think I can do a lot of things myself but, unfortunately, electrical isn't one of them. I never knew how expensive and complicated this process would be but I'm quickly learning and I'm NOT liking it. To make a long story short, I still don't have an electrician lined up but I'm hoping this problem is solved by Tuesday. All I really need is a couple of outlets and I'm good to go!
Needless to say, the waiting is getting old and I feel like I'm at a bit of a standstill. But at least, for now, its pretty damn cute to look at! So, I felt the need to share an update and some of the gorgeous pictures taken during the blizzard this past weekend. It's sooo "purty", isnt it? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment