Thursday, November 6, 2008

a day off of power tools...to use more power tools

I can't even begin to explain how miserable todays weather was. Steady rain, whipping winds and worst of all, overwhelmingly MUDDY. So, needless to say, we made the decision to not work until it cleared, which wound up being not at all.
Of course this wasn't a complete loss. Honestly, I was pretty thankful for the opportunity to get back to creating art and the smell of hot wax. I finished building 12 braced birch panels for my newest series of paintings which I'm hoping will be completed in the next two weeks. I worked well into the night and got off to a great start on about 5 individual pieces. I can't wait to continue working on them Sunday (my next day off!) and of course I will keep you posted when they are ready for delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment