Friday, September 23, 2011

the beauty in silence

"It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts"  ~K.T. Jong 

Studio - Summer 2011
I believe there are times, especially in the life of an artist, that you must take a few steps back to gain a new perspective of what lies ahead. 
     
In no way do I mean stopping or moving backward but simply quieting the chaos of all the necessary distractions which have become expected of us. Websites, blogs, facebook, twitter etc (amongst a myriad of other technological requirements) insist we keep everyone up to date on how hard we work... what inspires us... when we succeed... when we fail...what we eat...when we manage to sleep...what we like...what we dislike... and of course, what we think of everyone else.  Supposedly, all while trying to maintain a "normal life"- relationships, family, friends, business, health, etc. which may not be quite as easy as it appears to some. (props to those that can!)

Needless to say, it's a hard balance and creativity tends to get lost in this endless whirlwind. More importantly, the truth of why you are an artist to begin with can become blurred.  Personally, I believe the only real requirement is to stay true to yourself. First priority is to create- genuinely and from the heart. The passion put into it will transcend in the work. IT will speak for itself. Your integrity and originality will show ...and it will pay off. (in many more ways than one)

This Summer, I made the conscious decision to be a bit more in tune with this need to quiet the constant buzz. I shut out the "blaring sounds" of the play-by-play present to listen a little closer to my future. (which has been loudly "knocking on the doorstep" ...and turns out, has a whole LOT to say!)


BUT...like Summer, my technological hiatus had to come to an end. So, on this first day of Autumn, I thought it only appropriate I start completely afresh with the incoming fall and I have plenty of good news to share. So here we go...

Whats in store this season?

* a brand new website and blog- 
complete with high definition video footage of my most recent paintings and studio process

*preparations for upcoming shows and new galleries - including my biggest solo gallery exhibition to date (details to come)

and most importantly...
a fresh new perspective! 
(and just in time for what's sure to be a very long New England winter) 
 
 
 snapshots from the studio this Summer...
one of my newest pieces in the beginning stages ... "Confluence #35" 6' x 6' diptych

pieces shown above are now available through Lanoue Fine Art -Boston. click here to see more














1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I found your work and info-streams via the Three Graces gallery. (I'm planning a move to NH or MA after the first of the year). Great work and amazing marketing savvy! Best wishes in all respects.

    ReplyDelete