Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Paintings, Pastries and PARIS!

I've just returned home from an amazing trip to the magical city of Paris! Although my stay was far too short, I saw some of the most amazing art I have ever encountered.

I'm inspired beyond
words and cant wait to get back in the studio.

More so..., the sites, the sounds, the smells, ...that certain je ne sais quoi that only Paris can bring,... has left me with an aching to go back already. (hmm...perhaps a seasonal studio in Paris?? A girl can dream, cant she?)


So, I thought I would share some of the photos from this extraordinary
experience which has left me une nouvelle femme!

"Like the painter who knows the rules well enough to break them (and create an oeuvre d'art),
the French girl knows conventions well enough to move beyond them.
Which means that when all's said and done,

her life ends up custom-made, not made by custom."
-Debra Olliver, Entre Nous
(from the lovely little book I read while I was there, with a glass of bordeaux by my side.) ;-)the Louvre. Yes...that is all for ARTI realized quickly its not possible to walk the streets of Paris without the constant fuel of Parisian crepes.In honor of Toulouse ;-)
(more coming soon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment