Monday, March 30, 2009

March Madness

lots of new waxy work in the works

I can't even begin to explain the difference the sun makes!
quite an improvement from the old "basement studio"

I cannot believe it's April 1st already!
First of all, l'd like to wish everyone a very happy spring!!

Second, I have to apologize for my lack of postings this past month. Life gets in the way sometimes and I feel like some imaginary time thief has run off with all my spare moments. It seems like I just can't find the time lately to sit and write...or even read... ponder... or simply veg.


Along with the big chaotic "move" into my new studio, and the fact that I still don't have internet hooked up, I've been kept very busy with deadlines this month (shows, submissions, commissions, etc) and MANY personal distractions to top it off. So many of my good friends are getting engaged, married, having babies...all of the blissful craziness life can offer. (congratulations guys! I love you all! ;-)

With that said, my head is summersaulting in a million different directions right now. Distractions are rampant...chores are getting lost in the infinite laundry list... and numerous priorities are fighting for my attention. Luckily,... painting is still winning this elusive battle!!

So, I'm happy to report that regardless of my temporary insanity, I've been working every day in the new studio. I have so much to share and post! New work, new shows, new progress. NEW news!

But I must confess, lack of free time is not my only blogging barrier. My lovely little canon camera decided to take a vacation without me! No longer will she work! Simply refuses. Seems like I'm getting the hint from even the inanimate objects in my life to "take a break". ;-) So, while I wait for a replacement or repair, here are some quick pics I took in the studio recently with more to come very soon! stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Robin--

    I can relate to going crazy with too much to do--but it is wonderful to see you ensconced in your new space and being so productive. I really miss you and Rick and once again thank you for such a precious time and discovered friendship last fall during the build. I love seeing the outcomes of that as you post--so keep it up!

    george

    ReplyDelete