Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elections and Equations

Ha! My highschool geometry teacher. Read on....you'll understand more fully.
last pic of the day...now inside to watch the election returns!

yes, I cut all of those rafters. :-)...and 10 feet up in the air to boot!
George and his nifty cordless nail compressor. Nice work, huh?
Its November 4th. Election day! Because its priority and my duty as a proper American, I woke up bright and early and headed for the poles at 7am. (I know you ALL did the same thing right?? )
I was back at home by 8am and ready to smack some nails!
George and I had a pretty good day. The weather was gorgeous yet again and the conditions were perfect for barn building (which I know is bound to change soon).
We got all of the beautiful diagonal framing done (George's own design and signature style) all while I received some extremely overdue and really engaging math lessons refreshing my memory of the Pythagorean theorem (I never thought I'd say that). Remember? A2 = B2= C2...you know.., "The hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the other two sides". Well,... turns out it comes in pretty handy in the real world. I guess I should have paid more attention sophomore year in highschool instead of drawing my best friend Allison caricatures of Mr. DeGeorge, our geometry teacher. (a.k.a. Mr. Spacely from the Jetsons ;-) Boy, did he get pissed....but the drawing practice came in pretty handy too!

Anyway, We wound up finished most of the prep for the roof system which we will definitely need a few extra hands to complete on Friday. I am really looking forward to getting that gorgeous rust red tin roof over my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment